Calcutta, kya aap logon ko pata hai ki aap kitne pyaare hain? Jab bhi hum yahan pe aaye hain, woh aap logon ka pyaar hai jo humko kheench ke le aataa hai… Wish a very Happy
New Year to all of you! — Atif Aslam on stage
Excerpts from the chat…
On performing in India
– It feels absolutely great coming back! It feels very overwhelming for me to visit India,
because the fans here are completely different from the rest of the world.
On Calcutta I have always enjoyed coming here. I loved the crowd and celebrating the New Year
moment with fans and my band members on
stage was a treat. Calcutta has a special place in my heart.
On his band members
– Sameer on the bass has an amazing sense of
humour. Salmad and Asif are my other guitarists. Salman is a fantastic drummer. Jonathan (who is from Calcutta) plays the keyboard and piano. I had met Jonathan a
couple of years ago. He is a fantastic player
and a great artiste. On his nine-month-old son Ahad Oh, he is my boss! I’m missing him.
– I love biryani. Nothing beats ghar ki biryani, be
it India or Pakistan. In India, I love the Hyderabadi biryani.
– He is one of my favourites. I am sad that he
has announced his retirement (from Test cricket). Nothing beats his stubbornness on
the pitch. And the way he has introduced the
helicopter shot… I am a fan of that!
On going big on big screen
– I am going through some scripts. But they are all about commercial cinema. I am taking my time.
His New Year resolution
– My New Year resolution is not to give gyaan
but to keep learning as a person and evolving as an artiste while doing what I have done for the last 10 years, touching hearts around the
world with my voice and bringing people together across cultures, borders and
boundaries, in a positive manner through my lyrics and melodies.